The 87th edition of the Masters Tournament begins Thursday at Augusta National in Georgia. There will be a lot of media coverage on the top players and favorites to win, along with 47-year-old 5-year-old Tiger Woods defender who will be among the featured group.
The flowers are in full bloom and the stars are ready to shine in the first major part of 2023. Unfortunately, the sun will not shine with clouds and rain starting in Augusta on Friday.
But as the main favorites and their competitors in the happy and wet holy places make Augusta, here they are. Betting Favorites and players to watch the 2023 Masters film together with the groups.
Featured Groups and Discord to win the Masters
Leading favorites and contenders golf odds The FanDuel Sportsbook refreshes periodically and is subject to changes, including in support and live betting. All times are listed in the East.
player-by-player a guide to favorites and top contenders
By 1 Tuesday
- 10:18 am: Viktor Hovland (+3,700), Xander Schauffele (+2,500), Woods (+7,000)
- 10:42 am: Justin Thomas (+2,100), Jon Rahm (+950), Cameron Young (+3,200)
- 1:36 am Scottie Scheffler (+700), Max Homa (+3400), Sam Bennett (+100000)
- 2 a.m Jordan Spieth (+700), Tommy Fleetwood (+6000), Carmen Finau (+2400)
Around 2 Friday
- 10:30 am – Scottie Scheffler, Max Homa, Sam Bennett (A)
- 10:54 am
- 1:24 am – Woods, Viktor Hovland, Xander Schauffele
- Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm, Cameron Young.
Other notable marriages that are more watched and attract bets are:
Thursday 1:24 pm and Friday 10:18 am – Matt Fitzpatrick (+5000), Collin Morikawa (+2800), Will Zalatori (+4400)
Thursday 1:48 pm and Friday 10:42 am – Tom Kim (+10,000), Rory McIlroy (+700), Sam Burns (+4,100)
Note that there are no 50 Golf Tour players in the group, but 2020 Masters champion and 50th Golfer Dustin Johnson (+2500) along with Corey Connors (+5000) and Justin Rose (+5500) at 1:12 pm Thursday and 10:06 Friday I am.
Also, 2021 Masters champion Hideki Matsuyama (+4600) tees off Thursday at 10:54 am and Friday at 2 pm with Sungjae Im (+4100) and LIV Golfer Cameron Smith (+2800).
Dustin Johnson has had some back problems for the last few months, and his injury outlook is something to keep an eye on as you watch and bet on golf and coaches. Observe and beware of players (or opponents) in daily or tournament par-ups.
Before the star golfers hit the tournament’s first show in Thursday’s opening round, three golf legends will be honored first as an iconic group: Jack Nicklaus, Gary Ludio and Tom Watson.
How to watch and bet on the Masters
You can follow all the Masters Tournament coverage on Masters.com and the Masters App like Nicklaus, Ludio and Watson as the event begins Thursday at 7:45-8 am ET.
The Masters App will also have new, enhanced products, and Featured Groups+ interactive content, including Masters statistics, trivia questions and topics.
A multitude of options will be available across multiple platforms for 87 Masters and will provide an immersive experience to 200 countries and regions, as the international campus reaches its true spring arrival. From Masters.com:
- Featured Groups: 9:15 am-7:30 am ET Fridays 5th and 6th; 10:15 on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- Amen Corner Live: Full coverage from no. 11:45 am-6 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- 4, 5 and 6 Live: Watch the three pivotal holes on the front nine from 8:45 am-3:30 pm ET on Thursday and Friday; 10:30 am-3:30 am BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
- 15th and 16th Live: Full view of the exciting par-5 15th and par-3 16th from 11:45 am-7 pm ET on Friday 5th and 6th; 12:30-6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday.
- Green Jacket Ceremony: The 2023 Masters Champion will be presented with their green jacket from 7-7:15 p.m., on the Putting Green Terrace followed by a green jacket ceremony at the Butler Room.
ESPN will handle the radio coverage Thursday and Friday, and Scott Van Pelt will host the new two hours Welcome teachers Each round goes from 1-3 pm ET.
- Thursday, 4/6: 3-7:30 am
- Friday, 4/7: 3-7:30 am
CBS TV carries coverage Saturday and Sunday.
- Saturday, 4/8: 3-7 am
- Sunday, 4/9: 2-7 am
Best Bets and Game Equestrian Matchups
FanDuel and its affiliates golf content Coverage provides odds, tournament history and predictions for each player in the 2023 Masters. FanDuel and other leading online sportsbooks offer betting, tournament specials, finishing position odds and more as you watch and bet on the Masters Game.
If they did not add his bets and special top golfers and fan favorites including Tiger Woods, then the tournament will offer far less appeal to bettors and fans who want to watch and win betting on their favorite players beyond just bets.
Tiger Woods also helps make the cut (-176), and the dog would miss the cut (+138) at the 2023 Masters.
“I don’t know how much more I have in me,” said Woods at his excellent tournament press conference on Tuesday before his face at 10:18 am on Thursday with Xander Schauffele and Viktor Hovland.
“Mobility is not where I would like it to be, but I’m sitting here, I’m lucky to have this leg. I will not have the same ability and patience that my leg will do.
Weather alert: Scattered rain and storms were in the forecast at Augusta starting Friday with cloudy and overcast skies throughout the tournament. By Saturday and Sunday, temperatures will dip into the 50s, and there is now a 95% chance of rain Saturday with the potential for heavy rain and winds up to 15 MPH. Sunday showed a 70% chance of rain and up to 20 MPH winds with the chance that the tournament could be postponed and potentially conclude with the Masters on Monday.
Notable Equestrian Games matchups and odds for the Masters
- Jason Day (-104) vs.
- Jon Rahm (-174) vs.
- Rory McIlroy (+100) vs. Bet McIlroy
- Justin Thomas vs.
- Patrick Cantlay (-192) vs.
- Max Hom (-112) vs Sungjae Im (-112) – Bet Im
- Patrick Reed vs.
- Brooks Koepka (-196) vs.
- Tony Finau (-168) vs. Will Zalatori (+132)
- Collin Morikawa vs. Dustin Johnson (-106)
Indeed, history at Augusta National is more predictive of future success than any other course on the PGA Tour. Here are my golfers added to my foursome and a bag of bets to cash in or win the green shirts. You can download more games and play GolfStats site for more Masters coverage.
Fairway’s Favorites: Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas, Xander Schaffele, Tony Finau
Fairway’s Longshots: Jason Day, Will Zalatori, Sungjae Im, Tommy Fleetwood
PGA Tour, CBS and golf bet Expert Picks to win: McIlroy, Scheffler, Spieth, Dies, Schauffele
Our teachers will be the winner in green shirts on Sunday (or Monday or Monday).
you can bet on it