Good day, everyone! This is Kristen, your guest Dunedin Patch newsletter – Here to fill you in on everything, you need to know what is going on locally. Completing updates on…
- Opening night at TD Ballpark with $1 tickets.
- American Scots Association Dunedin 40th anniversary celebration.
- A suitable resource for city programs is available for kids and adults.
But first, today’s weather; Mostly clear. High: 85 Low: 72
Are you a real estate agent in Dunedin struggling to make ends meet in the current housing market? It’s not difficult, but it’s a way to stand out from the crowd and attract new customers. Our exclusive sponsorship at Dunedin Post can help you do just that. Click here to learn more and find out how you can take your business to the next level today.
Here are the top 3 stories in Dunedin today:
- The Dunedin Fine Art Center’s biggest exhibition of the year opens with a reception on April 14 between 6 and 8 pm #SMF will feature over 300 works of art and 200 artists, including DFAC students, members and staff. The media featured in the exhibition include paintings, pastels, colored pencils, photography, clay, printmaking, and more. Stop by to check out this free art through May 28th. (Tampa Bay Diaries)
- The Scottish American Society of Dunedin will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on April 8 at 2pm in Weaver Park. This exciting event will include live music from Skerryvore and the Byrne Brothers. Attendees will also be able to enjoy a performance by the Isle of Skye Highland Dancers. Bring a lawn chair or blanket! Food and beverage vendors will be available on-site. Learn more about the event and get your tickets now for $15″ this. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
- But the weather warms up, so that you feel inspired to leave the bed and do something active. If this sounds like you, check out Dunedin Parks & Recreation’s spring fitness programs! The city offers a ton of options for kids and adults to stay outdoors and fit. Some activities include pickleball, tennis, yoga, Zumba, golf, and more. The city’s kids can enjoy the Stirling Skate Park and participate in sports programs such as youth flag football and track. Learn more about Dunedin’s fitness programs in the link. (Tampa Bay Diaries)
Dunedin Patch Pic of the Day;
Thank you, Brenda D. Gelber, for sharing this beautiful sunset photo for the Dunedin cause.
Want a photo to be included in the Dunedin Pic of the Day or featured in the Dunedin section? Submit a Dunedin@Patch.com review! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo and that Patch has permission to republish it.
- The next Water Safety Pop Up event is scheduled for April 8 in Dunedin. Bring your kids to learn water safety and get a free life jacket while supplies last. (Dunedin Gov)
- Get $1 opening night tickets at TD Ballpark the ninth of April in the year 11! Watch the Dunedin Blue Jays play the Tampa Tarpons while also enjoying $1 hot dogs, popcorn, a stack of conch fritters, water, and soda. The game starts at 6:30 pm (Dunedin Blue Jays via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Public Library is hosting a Crafternoon on April 11 at 4pm Bring your kids between 5 and 12 years old to the library to enjoy an afternoon of creativity! They will provide all the supplies. (Dunedin Gov)
- If you want to present your dog for Halloween, sign up for the Tampa Bay SPCA Pet Walk Costume Contest! The competition will take place on April 15th at both locations of the pet walk: Clearwater and St. Pete. Register your pet this for the chance to win! (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Collective is holding a networking and self-care event for small business owners on April 22 between 10 am and 2 pm at Bloom IV Hydration and Wellness. Stop by to enjoy free vitamin shots, a free infrared sauna, discounted spa services, and more! (Dunedin Collective)
Many of our recipients – thanks for the support of local news!
- The Greatest Hop-on, Hop-off Brewery Crawl (April 8)
- Dunedin Community Art Market (April 8)
- American Scottish Society Concert with Byrne Brothers and Skerryvore (April 8)
- Tributes at the Retirement Seminar on April 11 and 13 at the Largo Public Library (April 11)
- Pinellas Federated Republican Women (April 11)
- Jazz at the Ballroom Presents “Accentuate the Positive” (April 16)
- Add your items
You are all caught up today. I’ll get back to you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update!