CHICAGO – DePaul women’s basketball returns to Wintrust Arena for its second of three-consecutive home games on Thursday, Nov. 30 to face Michigan State. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m. CT with the matchup televised nationally on CBS Sports Network.
The Blue Demons will honor its Hall of Fame Class of 2023, including women’s basketball great Khara Smith, at halftime of Thursday’s contest.
Fans can purchase tickets here.
Blue Demon Doings
- DePaul heads into Thursday night’s tilt winners of their last two games by an average 22-point margin. The Blue Demons are 3-0 at Wintrust Arena this season.
- Four Blue Demons are averaging double figures through the first seven games of the season led by Anaya Peoples’ 21.3 points per game.
- Peoples has five 20-point performances on the season, the most of any player in the BIG EAST, including a pair of double-doubles. Against Loyola Chicago, she reached a career-high 29 points and eight assists and currently ranks 22nd nationally and second in the conference in scoring.
- The graduate guard was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll for the second time this season after averaging 25 points and nine rebounds in a pair of wins last week.
- Sophomore guard Kate Clarke has finished in double figures in five games this season, averaging 15.1 points per game while shooting 42-percent from three-point range.
- Jorie Allen went a perfect 8-for-8 from the field against the Ramblers, becoming the first Blue Demon to shoot 100-percent since 2018 and the first with a minimum of eight attempts since 2010.
- The Blue Demons are sharing the ball incredibly well to start the season, averaging 19.6 assists per game which is 16th in Division I. Against Loyola, DePaul dished out a season-best 30 helpers.
- DePaul is the league leader in rebounds (42.6), blocked shots (4.4) and steals (11.0) per game. The Blue Demons have recorded seven or more steals in all seven contests this season, tallying 10 or more takeaways four times.
- Thursday’s matchup will be the first of two non-conference matchups against Big Ten opponents this season. DePaul will welcome Northwestern to Wintrust Arena on Dec. 13.
- The Blue Demons will have their full complement of players for the second game this season as graduate guard Jade Edwards made her return to the court on Sunday after missing last season with an ACL injury.
Scouting the Spartans
- Michigan State is 5-1 through the first month of the season.
- The Spartans went 4-0 at home before going 1-1 at the Cancun Challenge in Mexico last week with a win over James Madison and a 14-point loss to Creighton.
- Five Spartans are averaging double figure scoring, led by junior guard DeDee Hagemann and her 15 points per game.
- MSU is shooting 52-percent from the field through its first six games, which ranks second nationally. The Spartans’ 23.3 assists per game is fourth in the country.
- Head coach Robyn Fralick is in her first season leading the program in East Lansing. Fralick spent the previous five campaigns as the head coach at Bowling Green.
- Thursday’s matchup is just the fourth meeting between the two teams and first since 2002.
- The Spartans hold a 3-0 edge in the series.
- The two teams last met in Chicago in January of 1982.
The Blue Demons return to Wintrust Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 5 for its annual Wintrust Junior Savers Club Field Trip Day against Green Bay. Tipoff is slated for 11 a.m. on FloHoops.
FOLLOW THE BLUE DEMONS
For all the latest information on DePaul Women’s Basketball, visit DePaulBlueDemons.com. For up-to-the-minute updates, follow the Blue Demons on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok.
2023-24 TICKET INFORMATION
Season ticket renewals for the 2023-24 women’s basketball season have concluded. Current ticket holders that have yet to renew can call the ticket office to secure new seats for the upcoming season.
Those looking to purchase NEW 2023-24 season tickets can do so online or over the phone by speaking with a DePaul Athletics Ticket Representative. Season Tickets are on sale now and start at just $99 per seat! Celebrate the 50th season of DePaul Women’s Basketball and commit to the Blue Demons today!
The DePaul Athletics Ticket Office is also accepting $50 deposits for Group Outings or Luxury Suite Rentals. Mini plan, group tickets and single-game tickets are on sale now.
Fans can visit DePaulBlueDemons.com/Tickets for more information.