ATX TV Festival said Monday that the opening night of the June 1-4 event will be the world premiere of the FX series. It is justified: the city of Primaval.
The 12th iteration of the Austin Television Festival is also based on a Dawson’s Creek 25th anniversary screening and interview as well as discussion with cast and crew Pilgrim.
Justified: Primaval City; from showrunners/executive producers Dave Andron and Michael Lunch and based on the novel Spring City: High Noon in Detroit; It’s an eight-part limited series that picks up 15 years after US Marshal Raylan Dats (Timothy Olyphant) left Kentucky’s hollers on FX’s justified. Following the screening will be an interview with the producers and cast of the show, which premieres this summer on FX and streams the following day on Hulu.
The Dawson’s Creek The retrospective, presented by Sony Pictures Television Studios, will include a screening of the pilot episode, followed by a look back at the teen drama with the creative behind the series. Confirmed panelists include writers/producers Liz Tigelaar, Rina Mimoun, Gina Fattore, Anna Fricke, Maggie Friedman and director Julie Plec, with additional panelists to be announced soon.
Meanwhile Pilgrim The event, in celebration of “World Outlander Day” on June 16, will have an interview with the producer and creator of the Starz drama, including the first exclusive to the expected seventh season, which will be released on June 16. it was soon announced.
Others must surely come:
- An interview with the actor and his wife Ted Danson (Mr Mayor, The Good Placeand Maria SteenburgenZoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, The Last Man on Earth), who will come together to discuss their overall TV careers and the relationship between the two creators who have worked separately and together for the last three decades.
- Conversation with women Good Doctor from ABC and Sony Pictures television studios. Co-showrunner/executive producer Liz Friedman, executive producer Erin Gunn and cast members Christina Chang, Fiona Gubelmann, and Bria Samoné Henderson will highlight some of the series’ most impactful stories, discuss what it takes to work in front of and behind the camera and tease what to eat.
- A screening of Amazon Freevee’s original comedy Cousingive up New York best-selling author Shea Serrano and Emmy-winning producer Michael Schur. The coming-of-age, one-camera comedy, inspired by Serrano’s life in San Antonio, follows Rafa Gonzales, a 16-year-old boy, his smart mother, Drea, and five tough uncles. They live south of St. Anthony. Following the screening, Serrano will join stars Ignacio Diaz-Silverio and Christina Vidal for an interview about the series, which premieres on May 19.
- An inside look at Amazon Freevee’s reject The docu-style comedy series premieres April 7. Showrunner/executive producer Cody Heller, executive producer Nicholas Hatton, executive producer David Bernad and casting director Susie Farris will talk about the craft of comedy.
- Universal Studio Group’s “Funny AF” discussion board featuring the stars and production behind the studio’s comedies. The board features creator/showrunner/executive producer Shea Serrano (Cousinactor Joel Kim BoosterPreyactor Jerrie Johnson (of Harlem) and co-creator / showrunner / writer / Sam means executive producer (mulligan).
- World Premiere of Season 2 of Everyone is great followed by a conversation with the creatures and the cast. James Lafferty, Stephen Colletti, Alexandra Park and Cariba Heine will talk about the independent coming-of-age sitcom and how their characters are drawn back together in the second season as they overcome the illusion of love, loss and fame.
- The discussion is pegged to the season 3 premiere of HBO’s comedy series Just Gemstones It features cast members John Goodman, Adam Devine, Edi Patterson and Cassidy Freeman along with creator, writer, producer and actor Danny McBride. additional panels to be announced soon.
- iHeartPodcast’s TV Podcast Showcase, which includes recordings from rewatch podcasts between Christine Taylor and David Lascher of Hey Dude… The ’90s Called Ben Higgins and Ashley Iaconetti of Bachelor’s Almost Famous podcast Beverly Hills, 90210s Jennie Garth of the 9021 OMG podcast and Teddi Mellencamp and Tamra Judge Two T’s in Pod podcast
Previously announced ATX software includes:
- Achievement in Television Excellence Awardee: James Burrows
- The noise 30th anniversary retrospective
- Cruel Summer Season 2 premiere with creatives and cast presented by Freeform
- an adult, you will air a first look and interview with the creators and presented by Freeform
- looking inside Lately With Seth Meyers carried by NBCUniversal
- accused panel with showrunner/executive producer Howard Gordon and the cast
- “Powerful TV” presented by the Television Academy
- Panel Track with Hollywood, Health & Society to explore conversations about artificial intelligence, racial justice, climate crisis, aging and healthcare, and women’s health.
- “State of the Union: Interview with TV leaders” Some industry executives
- “Producer Director”
- “Eye of the Camera” presented by Panavision, featured in the art of cinematography and collaboration between directors and DPs.
- “Are you a good person? (Lovely new)”
This will mark the first edition of the event since the ATX festival was acquired by Penske Media Corporation in November. (Hollywood actor (owned by PME Holdings, LLC, a joint venture between PMC and Eldridge.)
Badges are now on sale atxfestival.com. Additional ticketing details and programming will be announced soon.